Saturday 12 September 2015

Teacher 25 thousand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started liking and having a passion for teaching during My National youth service corps.....it was fun for me to teach and impact knowledge to students, and be somehow part of their lives.......so immediately after NYSC, decided to try out some teaching jobs!!!!!
Was called for an interview in one school in the area, I quickly wore my suit and tie.....was going to show them how intelligent I was..........
I walked briskly into the office, was so confident and full of myself, and Haba the school was really big, so I thought I had hit the jackpot......definitely the salary would be good.......i would use 2 birds to kill one stone, teach and earn big bucks......
Eeerhmmm Mr Nonso, the principal will see you now ......the secretary called.....i walked in boldly into the office,and greeted the principal respectfully
....The Principal looked at my CV, he looked like a man in his forties
ha aa My young Man, You don't have any experience...except NYsC, we need a qualified teacher
I quickly told the man how I am a really good teacher, and all my great exploits during Nysc
Well I will give you a try but you will teach biology from ss1 to 3, Agric science jss1 to ss3 and Mathematics ss1 to 3. An average of 27 periods in a week and you must always be in school on time else your salary would be deducted.
The principal also continued, you will also be a class teacher, and write lesson notes for each of the classes you teach
Yepa!!!!! Nonso said aloud, sir this workload is too much sir , well the principal replied......you would be paid handsomely for it you know
How much is the salary I replied....25 thousand naira said the principal....i looked at myself, shook my head and ran out of the office......
Imagine all the workload and stress for a measly 25k...........
Teachers are responsible for the future of our children, they instruct, teach and direct they ought to be treated with respect, and be well paid
......most private schools in lagos take advantage of the fact that many people are unemployed and exploit them, enslave them in the name of giving them a job.......and than Dump them when they are done.....while the proprietor or proprietress keeps the Major profit for themselves
Teachers give students their passion, their lives, their sweat and blood...I think they should also be compensated well

1 comment:

COUPLE WEDS IN SHOP-RITE KAMPALA

WEIRD!!!!! the couple pictured above decided to tie the knot inside a shoprite mall in kampala the bride who is a manager at shoprite ...