Tuesday 8 September 2015

IS Going to a University Overrated In Nigeria????

Hey guys........i know I have been really slow on blogging recently........mabinu....been kinda busy

Anyways I saw this story on nairaland and decided to share it
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a frnd of my whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2wonderful kids. We all knw what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. Dis my frnd barely reads a simple sentence. Don't get me wrong I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but I today I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning dis same handiwork that has made him d prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some frnds who dropped after secondary school, today they r all married and living good...its kinda annoying and I don't knw if to say regrettable for going to school because its has not even pay of. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot once expenses n bills due to the hash economy and almost every job u get today r contract base so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly


Well..........is going to school overrated in this country?

What's the difference between degree holders and people who learn trade?


1 comment:

  1. Going to school only give a fundamental knowledge in many areal,,,but learning a trade makes you a professional in a particulate filed,,,,, but for me having both is the best.

    ReplyDelete

COUPLE WEDS IN SHOP-RITE KAMPALA

WEIRD!!!!! the couple pictured above decided to tie the knot inside a shoprite mall in kampala the bride who is a manager at shoprite ...